What changes were made for the 2004 versions?
The P99 was redesigned in 2004, and samples were on display at the 2004 SHOT Show in Las Vegas, Nevada. The most striking changes are as follows:
- New-style slide serrations.
- The hump/bump on the inside bottom of the trigger guard is gone -- its purpose was to maintain the same amount of distance between the tip of the trigger and the bottom of the trigger guard throughout he trigger stroke.
- The proprietary accessory rail has been replaced with a Picatinny-style, but due to the distance, or lack thereof, between the front of the trigger guard and the most forward potion of the frame, the more popular Insight Technology M3 light will not fit. The Insight Technology M5 light, which has its locking bar set back approximately one-quarter inch, will fit.
- The available colors for the various models have changed. The AS (Anti Stress, meaning the same as the standard SA/DA model) is available only in all-black), the QA (Quick Action) is available in all-black, Military, and Titanium Coated. The DAO (Double Action Only) is available only in all-black)
- Some models are available with an ambidextrous slide stop lever. The P99 QA and P99 DAO photos below illustrate it.
The following are photos of the P99 AS, P99 QA, P99 QA Titanium
Coated, and P99 DAO:
Note that the new-style P99s are now available, though their availabilty is somewhat limited.
Back to FAQ or Go to Next Question